If your birth date falls between December 22 and January 19, you are of the tenth zodiac sign, Capricorn. This earth zodiac is ruled by Saturn and its symbol is The Mountain Goat.
Just like every other zodiac sign, Capricorns have unique traits that define them.
Most people think Capricorns are boring, because they always follow rules, trying to do things as they should be. But, there is more to Capricorns than what we see and know.
Many of them have quite interesting personalities underneath that dull exterior.
Here, we’ll show you what it means to be a Capricorn and how to handle their personalities if you have one in your life.
Traits and Personality
Capricorns are the most hardworking of the zodiacs. They are career people who crave power and always strive to get to the top.
Let’s delve into Capricorn’s positive and negative traits to understand more about them.
Capricorn Positive Traits
This is the most outstanding of Capricorn traits. They are hard workers with no other goal than to succeed and get the job done. Capricorns are well aware that the result of hard work is success, no matter how long it takes to get there.
You will find Capricorns in positions of power. What took them there? Their drive to succeed! Capricorns will keep working even when they get to a position of power. They always want more – fiercely ambitious!
Even though they love work more than their lives, Capricorns have a good heart. Once they trust you, they will stick with you through thick and thin. They also never turn their backs on people in need of help. When you need something, they’ll be there to help you regardless of the nature of your need. So, Capricorns are very responsible both at work and in their relationships.
Capricorns are great with other people. At the workplace, it doesn’t take time to blend in and make an impact in groups even when they’re new. Check out that Capricorn in your workplace. They’re always adding great value.
Capricorns don’t go out looking shabby. They are classy in their looks and actions. The Capricorn personality is one of charm, elegance, and compassion. If they don’t find trends classy, they don’t follow them. They are also very respectful and well-spoken, taking time to consider everyone’s views and opinions before they conclude on anything.
Capricorn Negative Traits
Perfectionists (Overly Critical)
Capricorns are not only overly critical on their work that they don’t stop working until everything is done, but they are also very critical to others. They expect everyone else to follow their rules, hit high targets, and do everything just as they do. So, people close to them are often pressured to live by their standards.
If a Capricorn notices that you’re not ambitious or as diligent as ‘you should be’, you won’t be on their good side.
Due to their hardworking nature, Capricorns become very suspicious when things start going too smoothly. They hate when tasks are too easy. Capricorns feel something is wrong or everyone is out to get them when they don’t put in as much work as they believe they should get a job done.
Take a look at that Capricorn in your circle. They’re too serious and always sober. They feel responsible for everyone or everything. So, they keep that serious demeanour which makes them appear rigid and boring.
Capricorns have so many conflicting emotions which they keep tucked away because they are focused on accomplishing their goals. Their attitude pushes their friends and families away until they have no emotional connection. They end up depressed or extremely sad.
This doesn’t happen because Capricorns don’t desire emotional connections.
They have no one because they make it difficult for anyone to get emotionally close. They fear that their overly-ambitious nature and general view on life will push people they care about away.
Many relationships fail because the people involved are incompatible. Let’s show you your compatibility with a Capricorn.
- Capricorn and Aries: These two zodiacs won’t relate well with each other. Aries are very cautious. They don’t just do things without thinking first. Capricorns are more conservative, trying to take responsibility for, and protect everything under their care. Capricorns are very critical, so Aries might feel uncomfortable being controlled.
- Capricorns and Cancer: Cancers are loyal people who love nice things, so they might find Capricorn values shallow initially. But, they are not completely incompatible; they can make things work if they take the time and energy to align their values. Capricorns will appreciate the Cancer’s loyalty and they will keep working together to reach their goals.
- Capricorn and Taurus: Capricorn and Taurus will go together like bread and egg. They both have ambitious personalities and love things of finery. They make the typical power couple.
- Capricorn and Leo: Capricorns and Leo will make a strong couple. They both love to be respected by their peers. They will work together to ensure that they stay on top in their respective lives and nothing ruins their reputations.
- Capricorn and Sagittarius: These two signs have different values and personalities. Since they don’t appreciate each other, they will fight a lot and hate each other over time.
- Capricorn and Capricorn: This is the perfect relationship for a Capricorn. Because they have the same ideals and values, they will respect each other, stay loyal, and work together until they achieve their goals.
- Capricorn and Pisces: These two create a long-lasting relationship because they usually start as friends first. Pisces are very emotional and empathetic people. They can also do anything to please their partners. So, Capricorns feel safe and secure in this relationship.
- Capricorn and Aquarius: The only thing that remotely connects Capricorn and Aquarius is their interest in classic ideas – art and philosophy. If they can build their relationship on shared interests, then it might last. It will be hard at first because they live different lifestyles.
- Capricorn and Scorpio: This is the best relationship for those who want to settle down finally. Capricorns always want something serious, and Scorpios are the best to give them this after they’ve gone through their fun phase. Scorpios personalities change over time, but Capricorns pay attention and are always willing to work hard to make it work.
- Capricorn and Gemini: Although they don’t have similar ideals, they can make it work. Capricorns can help Gemini thrive, and Gemini can pull them out of their conservative shells. As long as they are determined to build a healthy relationship, they will be great together!
- Capricorn and Virgo: Both Capricorn and Virgo are very hardworking and ambitious. They’re also very secretive about their personal lives, so it will take some time to fully open up to each other. When this happens, they will become a power couple.
- Capricorn and Libra: Libra are prone to materialism, so they may not go together with Capricorns who take many things seriously. They can keep a relationship without fighting, but it won’t necessarily bring out the best in both parties.